Lose Weight But Keep the Curves Pt. IV: Benefits of Squats
I see your vision, Ma! You’ve been working hard to lose weight and get the body you desire. The weight is coming off and you’ve started seeing results, but you’ve noticed that as the pounds go, your curves are going along with them. Contrary to popular belief, you can lose weight and KEEP YOUR CURVES naturally without having to resort to surgery. In the fourth and final blog in this series, I’ll teach you how to lift and tone your butt with one of my favorite exercises – squats!
If you want to maintain your curves, expect to put in some physical work. Squats are a great exercise if you’re looking for a way to lift and tone fast. They are relatively simple to do, require no equipment, and can be done just about anywhere. Squats are known as a leg routine, but many people don’t realize they provide benefits throughout your body, specifically your core and butt.
- Squats promote mobility and balance.
- Squats promote muscle growth throughout the body. One of the most time-effective ways to continually burn fat is by developing muscle tone which makes squats one of the best fat burning exercises you can do!
- When done properly, squats can actually improve knee strength, increase stability and strengthen tissue.
- Squats can be performed with or without weights. (For quicker results, incorporate light to medium weights into your squat)
- There aren’t many exercises that work a multitude of muscles simultaneously, but squats are one of them. They tone your backside, your abs, and of course, your legs.
- Squats are useful for improved movement through your colon and promote more regular bowel movements.
It’s critical that you perform squats properly, otherwise you won’t reap the benefits and run the risk of injury. Additionally, there are many modified squats for those who struggle with knee problems. The most important things to keep in mind are to make sure your back remains in a neutral position – doesn’t arch as you go down, and don’t lock your knees when you rise. Read more here on how to properly perform a squat.
Losing weight and maintaining your curves is achievable if you implement the tips throughout this Killer Curve Series. Keep grinding! Until next time…