Learn How to Detoxify Your Liver Safely
A healthy liver is key to optimum health. The healthier your liver, the better you feel and look inside and out.
There are articles online about how to detoxify your liver and while these articles are well-intentioned, many of them contain misleading information. Believe me, I know the benefits of a liver cleanse, and I want you to experience this.
However, I want you to be cautious of liver cleanse diets that urge you to fast, drink only water, use packaged mixes, or follow a very strict diet regimen. It’s very important you remember the key to a healthy liver and a successful liver cleanse is focusing on the basics of a balanced diet and lifestyle.
When I talk about a liver cleanse, my message is centered around good nutrition, natural liver support supplements, regular exercise, plenty of water and coffee, and the occasional pizza night.
Keep reading to learn the signs that indicate you need a liver cleanse, the benefits of a liver cleanse, and the do’s and don’ts of how to detoxify your liver safely.
Congratulations for making the decision to put a focus on your liver health. You are going to feel better, lose belly fat, and have more energy.
12 Signs that You Need a Liver Cleanse
The tricky aspect about liver health is it’s very easy to miss the signs indicating your liver is overwhelmed and needs a cleanse. Unfortunately, many people assume the signs indicating they need a liver cleanse are just part aging or a busy lifestyle.
Do not overlook these 12 signs that you need a liver cleanse:
- Frequent sugar cravings
- Digestive problems including bloating, gas, constipation or diarrhea
- Brain fog or confusion
- Low energy
- Struggling to lose weight, even with a healthy diet
- Bad breath
- Mood swings
- Poor skin tone or flushed facial appearance
- Dark circles under your eyes
- Yellow-coated tongue
- Acne or dry, itchy skin.
The good news is, a safe and healthy liver cleanse can help you heal and restore your liver health. In this video Dr. Oz talks about the liver, its functions, and the importance of having a healthy liver.
Benefits of a Liver Cleanse
The number one benefit of a liver cleanse is having a healthy liver that is not overwhelmed by toxins, additives, and chemicals.
A liver cleanse makes it possible for you to restore liver health, so your liver can:
- Metabolize carbohydrates and fat to accelerate fat burning
- Create and store energy, create protein so you can build and maintain muscle, and ensure medications are absorbed properly
- Cleanse your blood by breaking down the foods and beverages you eat into absorbable nutrients
- Remove and neutralize dangerous substances from your blood.
Remember, your liver is an essential organ, without it, harmful toxins and chemicals will poison your blood causing irreversible damage.
Along with key liver functions, the benefits of a liver cleanse and healthy liver include:
- Consistent energy levels
- It’s easier to lose weight, keep it off, and maintain a healthy weight
- Reversal of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
- Getting rid of excess waste and toxins, helping you to feel lighter and more energetic
- A stronger immune system
- A whole body detox
The Do’s and Don’ts of How to Detoxify Your Liver
As you prepare for a liver detox, please read and remember these do’s and don’ts of how to detoxify your liver safely.
- Stay hydrated. Drink one gallon of lukewarm water throughout the day. I like to add fresh lemon juice to energize the digestive system and liver.
- Exercise daily. Exercise helps stimulate blood circulation, enables a healthy immune system, and gives you an endorphin boost. Sweat is one of the key methods your body has to flush toxins, so try to get a sweat on five days a week.
- Sleep and rest. During a liver cleanse, your body is put under a small amount of stress caused by the detoxification process. To ease any symptoms of fatigue or lethargy, get extra sleep and spend time outdoors in the fresh air relaxing.
- Eat a balanced diet. Focus on adding liver superfoods to your daily diet. Liver superfoods like nuts, berries, fresh fruits and vegetables, turmeric, coffee, oatmeal, and grapefruit are proven to aid and support liver health.
- Take a break from alcohol and sugar. Alcohol and sugar in excessive amounts force the liver to work overtime. During a healthy liver detox, stop drinking alcohol and reduce your sweets to a once-a-week treat.
- Take a natural liver cleanse supplement. A proven and gentle liver supplement like Liver Focus is designed to support your liver health naturally. Read how Liver Focus improves your liver health, increasing your body’s ability to detoxify and increase fat-burning capabilities.
- Follow a strict diet regimen. A strict diet regimen is hard to follow, causing you undue stress. A strict diet likely means you’ll miss out on much-needed liver supporting foods and nutrients. Make sure you’re getting adequate calories from a balanced diet that includes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fats.
- Follow liver cleanse programs that aren’t backed by science. There are a lot of liver cleanse diets and programs promoted online that are not backed by science. When in doubt, check the credentials of the person promoting the program. Make sure you’re following the principles of a healthy and balanced lifestyle – good food, rest, and exercise.
- Stress or worry about your liver health. Stress is not good for your liver or immune system health. In fact, too much stress can slow your body’s ability to absorb nutrients, further impairing your liver health. Be confident that you’re taking steps to heal and restore your liver.
- Expect overnight results. Remember, it takes time to heal your liver, remove toxins, lose weight, and flush waste from your body. Be patient, on average for people doing a liver cleanse and taking Liver Focus, it takes 30 days to see the benefits.
Deciding to do a liver cleanse and restoring your liver health is one of the best decisions you can make for your overall health and wellness. I commend you for your decision and for taking control of your liver health.
The JJ Smith Facebook Community is a great way to connect with other people who are on the same path to wellness and health as you are. Read my blogs for more articles and advice about detoxifying your liver naturally, liver health and weight loss, and foods that support liver health.